Vietnam essential advices
1. Vietnam is one of the most magnificent countries in South East Asia, which is safe to travel and full of wonders. Although the root of Vietnam’s culture are firmly bedded in a thousand years of Chinese domination, the French colonialist brought European – style administration, Christianity in the form of Catholicism. Vietnamese are very gracious, polite and generous with conservative nature of confucianism inherited from Chinese. They are very appreciative for visitors try to abibe by their customs. The following Vietnamese travel tips Dos and Do’nts will help you to avoid somes social taboo and make your trip to Vietnam a culturally and socially enrich experience.
2. Do not sit with your feet pointing towards people, when visiting someone’s house. Do not sit or sleep with your sole of your feet, back toward the family altar.
3. Do not give a handkerchiefs, anything black, yellow flower chrysanthemums as a gift. Bring fruit, sweet, flowers, or incense as a gift if invited to a Vietnamese home.
4. Do not sit until show where to sit. The oldest person sit first.
5. Do not carry a large a mount of moneyor wear a lot of jewellery. Never leave your bag unattended. You may become a victim pickpocket or driver – by bag snatcher.
6. Do not show off, keep a low profile, and a cool head, remain polite, losing temper in Vietnam mean a “loss face”
7. Do not cause Vietnamese to loss face. The conceipt of “save face” is extremely importance in East Asia social relationship. Avoid behavior that cause embrassament to another party, and hol back behavior that can be miscontructed overly aggressive.
8. Do not take cameras video into the ethic minority villages. They are considered to be too intrusive by the local people.
9. Do not take some photo of some bodies without asking for permission. Do not take picture of anything to do with the military, which is considered a breach of national security
10. Vietnam travel tip DO’S
11. DO dress conservatively,never wear shorts, dresses, skirts or tops with low neck lines and bare shoulders to temple and pagodas.
12. Do avoid public display of affections with a member of a apposite sex, anything beyond holding seriously frowned upon.
13. Do use both hands to pass things. But do not pass anything over someone’s head.
14. Do learn to use chopsticks. Try to finish everything on your plate, and rest your chopsticks on top of bowls when you are finished eating. Hold your spoon in your left hand while eating soup.
15. Do hold your bag infront of you and easy grab, especially when you hire a motobike taxi to avoid bag snatching.
16. Do take your shoes off at the entrance if you are invited to a Vietnamese home.
17. Do expect toiletries in your hitel room such as toothbrush, comb, soaps, shampoo etc. But do carry toilet paper with you when you go out.
18. Do drink plenty of bottled water, especially when you walking around sightseeings. Do expect to pay less local beer than for a bottle of water.
19. Do keep valuables such as cashes, credit cards and airline tickets etc in a safe box.
20. Do change money from recognised money changer
21. Do get medical insurance before yourtravel.
Please send us a contact we will call back